Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Free graphic viewer and more!

I recently upgraded my computer and installed a brand new solid state drive (ssd) to act as my C drive. In the process, I had to come to grips with the fact that I will have to reinstall all of my programs...well, the ones I still remember where I put the serial key/CD for that is.

One of the programs I didn't easily recover was a viewing/photo managing application I liked using. The company was less then helpful in retrieving my user information (zero customer care skills, not even a coupon towards the new version which I would have used... ) but as they say, when one door closes, a window opens :)

A friend recommended IrfanView , a free software that does exactly what I wanted!

You can easily create slideshows/ contact sheets/ web galleries, view and organize your images including EXIF data, add comments and even marking on the image itself!
It supports multiple file extensions (including animated GIF!) and handles multimedia/sound files (plus a lot more :))

For a comprehensive list of features see here what is IrfanView.
If you want to give it a try, make sure to click on the PlugIn tab and download them as well (also free).

I just started playing with it and it's a lot of fun! - and have I mentioned it's FREE?...

No comments:

Post a Comment